Baking multiple objects to a specific UV map

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john ord
Baking multiple objects to a specific UV map
on Sep 8, 2018 at 2:16:16 pm

Hi all,
I wonder if you could help?, Theoretically;
I currently have a mesh of a house, the house mesh is unwrapped into a UV map. This map will eventually be baked from c4d and applied to a real world house via a projection.

The house sits in a 3d scene and there are other objects outside of the mesh moving around. So If i were to have a POV from the inside of the house i would see these objects through the windows.
If i bake the house texture i of course get that and that only with the UV map I have applied to it.
What i need is to be able to map all of the objects into that single UV map for the house. So rather than just baking the house map i wish to include the car that passes the window into the baked texture animation.

Is this even possible?
Any help appreciated.
best
John

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Baking multiple objects to a specific UV map
on Sep 8, 2018 at 9:22:19 pm

I haven't done reprojection, but it sounds like you may be going about it the wrong way. My understanding is that you calibrate a camera to match the specs and location of your real-world projector and then render out what you want to project. How were you planning on applying UV baked textures to a real-world house?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Sep 12, 2018 at 2:53:50 pm

First the important stuff: Hi Adam, how are you doing?

John, are you perhaps thinking about the UV map that is used to warp the image in the 2D projection system?

Whether the texture map is baked or not is probably irrelevant to the projection since you have to render the footage anyway and baked or not that will turn out the same.
Can you describe the project a little more (or is there another thread that I can go to where you have done that?)

And thinking about it another way - are you actually rendering footage that will be projected or are you just generating the UV's for the projector warp?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 12, 2018 at 3:44:25 pm

Hey, Steve. I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]