MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Subdivision Surface leaves holes in textures?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Fadigas
Subdivision Surface leaves holes in textures?
on Sep 6, 2018 at 3:06:31 pm

Hey,
I've been having this problem for a while, but I chose to ignore it for a while, but now I really need a solution.
I'm running R19 Studio, and I'm trying to make a comparison video of the differences in the 3D models between a game and it's remake, but the original game had some tricks up it's sleeve, which is that it smoothed the objects in a similar way to subdivision surfaces, which is why I really need this... The first image is the original object, and the second one is after using the Subdivision Surface object... Can someone tell me why this is happening, and if there's a way I can solve it?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Subdivision Surface leaves holes in textures?
on Sep 6, 2018 at 3:45:16 pm

looks like none of the polys in the model are connected to each other (you should be able to test that by selecting any one poly and trying a Select Connected - or just move it and see if it is just an 'island') - if that's true that's what the SubD is working on, each separate poly by itself. You'd want to try an Optimize in that case, if the points of polys that are right beside each other are close enough that should work

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]