MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sculpt symmetry to separate identical object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase Davis
Sculpt symmetry to separate identical object?
on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:17:05 pm

Hi there!

I am newish to face rigging and sculpting tools but basically I am trying to set poses using the pose morph tag to symmetrically rig a face. I can successfully mirror the sculpting tools across my face for symmetrical facial animation (e.g. eyebrows up using just the grab tool) but I am trying to figure out how to keep the mirrored sculpting in a separate pose/mesh.

Is there a way to set the target of the mirroring to a separate (but identical) object? Basically I want to rig the left eyebrow (or whatever other facial feature) and have the point position changes map to a new pose for the right side. My face is asymmetrical so I my hunch is that mirroring the whole geometry is the wrong path.

I've looked around a good bit in the docs and online but think I am missing a few key words to find what I'm describing because I do believe the functionality is built in. Using r15 right now.

Any help or better workflows much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Chase Davis
Re: Sculpt symmetry to separate identical object?
on Aug 30, 2018 at 11:52:00 pm

VAMP combined with MorphMill's point remap ended up being a good workaround for me if anyone ever runs into similar question.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Sculpt symmetry to separate identical object?
on Aug 31, 2018 at 11:55:17 am

Thanks for that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]