MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Noob Doubt Spline on object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Pacanchique
Noob Doubt Spline on object
on Aug 16, 2018 at 11:15:25 pm

First of all hi to everyone and thx for your help, im kinda new on cinema 4d and im trying to push myself to do some exercises in this case im trying to replicate the letter as u can see on the screen number one () , but when i try i cannot solve it in a nice and efficient way, im triong to create it via polygon pen but its really inexact and then i tried to create an spline and then join points with bridge form the object and the spline but when i conect them the spline points desapear, and i dont know how to solve it....

If you guyz know anyway to help me would i weould be really greatfull or if you have another idea of how can i do that kind of letter would love to hear im not asking for a tut or anything just a way toi aproach so i can solve it .

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Noob Doubt Spline on object
on Aug 18, 2018 at 8:41:08 pm

Is it the chiseled look you are having trouble with?
Here's a tutorial on how to acheive that.
https://vimeo.com/35313125
Its a shame after all these years that this isn't part of text extruding just as bevels and rads are. Most other packages have a profile setting in the fillet that acheives this.

Return to posts index

Daniel Pacanchique
on Aug 18, 2018 at 9:46:42 pm

You mister you are the BEST HUMAN BEING EVER!!"!!!!!!!!!!! i almost got crazy doing this in 1000 ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃 do i bother you making another question? im tryiing to achieve the same movement as the A in the example i posted i think it can be done by a bend and a tweist but when im twisting this happens it kinda twist all the geometry inseatad the part its being aplied :S

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 18, 2018 at 10:58:12 pm

First, there aren't enough polys to bend that cleanly. You can either subdivide the mesh once you have made the extrude editable or, before you have made it editable you can give the extrude an even mesh (its down at the bottom of the Extrude Caps attributes. - choose quads) and the make it editable.

Second you would probably be better with the spline deformer (in the shape of your A).

If you must use the hated bend, try using limited or within box. That way it won't deform the whole character, just the bits inside the deform cage.
You could also try FFD or Mesh deformera - its more a cage paradigm that you can twist around any which way.

If this is a still you can also use a sweep object to make the A frame and then model the cross beam to join the two sides. The sweep will follow a curvy path for you.

Finally, you could really go to town and put bones inside the mesh and then move the bones about to get the deformations you are looking for.

Return to posts index

Daniel Pacanchique
on Aug 20, 2018 at 5:10:57 pm

Steve Thanks a lot for the answer ill read more about it u are AMAZING!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]