MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

BodyPaint Brush issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Samuels
BodyPaint Brush issues
on Aug 9, 2018 at 6:15:33 pm

Hi.

I have a complex object, created in external photogrammetry software from a series of high-def photographs.

I now have the object in C4D and wish to paint it with a number of textures (eg; gold leaf, paint). I am VERY new to using BodyPaint and have come across an issue when painting... namely when painting with the 3d brush, the texture is painted over multiple areas of the model at once.

I realise I haven't explained that particularly well so I have attached as screenshot. I simply wish to paint the crown with a gold texture but as you can see, the texture has also been painted over other areas of the model.

Could anyone offer any guidance, please?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
Re: BodyPaint Brush issues
on Aug 9, 2018 at 9:27:18 pm

Probably because you have overlapping UVW Maps, you need to unwrap your uvs to paint correctly. If that's not the case, you could share the file to check the issue

Good Luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 9, 2018 at 10:57:45 pm

Ya, that's a problem with some of the multi camera photogram apps. Because each shot can only see a certain amount of geometry, the polys made from that shot get their own UVW. This is normally necessary because the image from that camera is mapped back onto only that geometry so it makes sense that you would want the UVW's to match just those polys and just that image. And because there are mutiple images from different angle and they all restart the UVW count at 1, you will get multiple parts of the model that all have a poly called 1 and 2 and 3.... When you are painting C4D just sends all the pixels assigned to poly 1 you are painting on to all the other poly 1's.

You may have to reorder or sort the UVWs of the whole model to get them back into some coherent order each with a unique ID#.

Return to posts index

Stuart Samuels
on Aug 10, 2018 at 8:55:22 am

Thank you.

I have no real experience with UVs but I think I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it!

The model has a LOT of polys, so I'm guessing it will be an arduous process?

I've attached the project file below, if someone is able to dig into it for me I'd be extremely grateful!

12626_virginmodel.c4d.zip

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
on Aug 11, 2018 at 2:56:13 am

Your model is not appropriate for UVW, you could try, but is not the best option. You need to check about retopology and then UVW map, is not easy, but is great to learn about that.

Good Luck

Emir
pixldgblog.com

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]