MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D R20 was announced today!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Szalapski
Cinema 4D R20 was announced today!
on Aug 2, 2018 at 3:06:19 am

Here's a lovely playlist from MAXON's Cineversity showing off some of the new features:

Fields are an amazingly powerful new way to work in Cinema 4D. They're like Falloffs on steroids, but ALSO they work on deformers, vertex maps, and you can use one field to affect all of those thing simultaneously and you can use multiple fields in one effector/deformer/etc. And fields also work to create Open VDB meshes.

Cinema 4D now has a native OpenVDB mesher! It's a powerful new modeling tool that lets you do some hard surface modeling tasks that just weren't possible before or produced horrible results with booleans. But also can be used like metaballs, but with more power!

Node-based materials! I know, I know, third-party render engines are all the rage, but just take a look at how many beautiful workflow features C4D's native node editor has! It's beautiful. I hope third-party render engines will eventually get access to that API because it is fantastic.

Tons of other useful things like multi-instance (speeds up scenes with thousands-millions of clones), native CAD importer with powerful options, and a whole lot more.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]