MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I apply a label to only the outside of a cup and not the inside in Cinema 4D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Carr
How do I apply a label to only the outside of a cup and not the inside in Cinema 4D?
on Jul 25, 2018 at 12:02:55 am

Hi, I am new to Cinema 4D. I have created a model of a cup and I applied a label onto it. However, it also appears on the inside of the cup. When my camera pans over the cup, it can be seen on the inside of the cup too. Is there any way to remove the label from the inside of the cup?

I applied a texture with text with transparent background on it to a lathe which is a child of a subdivision surface.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How do I apply a label to only the outside of a cup and not the inside in Cinema 4D?
on Jul 25, 2018 at 12:28:21 am

you have to restrict the material to the outside by selecting the polygons on the surface you want it to be restricted to and do a Set Selection to create a Polygon Selection Tag on the object and use that in the Selection field of the Texture tag so it only shows on the selected polygons.

Return to posts index

Paul Carr
Re: How do I apply a label to only the outside of a cup and not the inside in Cinema 4D?
on Jul 25, 2018 at 4:22:06 am

Great! It worked! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]