MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Smooth view

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vitaliy Nikolaev
Smooth view
on Jul 22, 2018 at 5:44:28 pm

Good day, i'm new to cinema 4d, and i just need to make simple rotating geometry. Everything ok, but i see object smoothed, and by the look of edges, i can say this is some kind of effect/view setting applied on it. I searched and googled everywhere, but didn't found anything. So, is there way to tun this smoothing off?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Smooth view
on Jul 22, 2018 at 10:06:44 pm

Just a guess: If you are trying to render an imperfect sphere, deselect "Render Perfect" in its Object Properties. Otherwise you need to provide more information, such as uploading your project file, or providing a screenshot of your Objects menu.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 23, 2018 at 3:37:28 am

and a second guess, smoothness in polygon objects (especially outside the Render Perfect Sphere) is also controlled by the Phong tag which blends the surface normals over adjacent polys to make objects appear smoother than they really are

Return to posts index

Vitaliy Nikolaev
on Jul 23, 2018 at 5:06:03 am

There is really nothing to see at this time, i just made platonic object and nothing else
there is link to screenshots
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-IOhdmzMMzqJ26Vw_FGipCfDudXNO1Dp/view?usp=...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DEjV67rydouZ5fvvXB9BSj0H2g5bwRT1/view?usp=...

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jul 23, 2018 at 4:29:27 pm

The difference to me looks like the first image has "Gouraud Shading (Lines)" selected in the Display menu, while the second has "Gouraud Shading" selected.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jul 23, 2018 at 4:42:11 pm

Jim and Brian are correct. Remove this little tag (or change the values) and when you render (remember the view port preview may not look like a full render) your object will be faceted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]