MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Expensive Model Purchase

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark boundy
Expensive Model Purchase
on Jul 20, 2018 at 1:47:21 pm

Hi Creativecow members,

I work for a company that teaches surgery with videos. we are about to buy a modelling package and the Plasticboy one looks the best for the money (£1600). Does anyone have any experience with this package. Its a lot of money and I want to get this decision right. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Mark

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Expensive Model Purchase
on Jul 20, 2018 at 6:22:32 pm

There are slightly cheaper ones available but these ones seem to be quite complete. and there are more expensive versions of the same ones that are rigged.
I would ask your client if they are OK with the quality of the model. This "quality" aspect won't fall under the 3D company's "100% quality" warranty though. Its all about whether the client feels its a reasonable and correctly detailed enough representation of the human body for their purposes (especially surgery). At this level of model it will be right enough for the 100% warranty but might not be right enough for the client.
In the end its a pretty good deal - there are a huge amount of models in there that separately would cost much much more.
A few things to check - especially for surgery:
Does the heart come apart? Are the lungs solid or do they have an interior? Are the intestines overlapping and one bend intrudes into another? - if all the bends were spline controlled you could unkink the whole thing but as a solid model you can be stuck and these overlaps will show if you do a cutaway. (try a bool by the way and see how the model reacts). Do the tube type things (aorta, arteries, intestines etc) have wall thickness or are they just shells?
Is there an interior to the mouth? Are the eye's orbs or just a front cap? Are there eye muscles and optic nerve?(I've seen this left out sooo many times). Are the eyelids separate or attached to the "skin"? Do the ears have a canal and internal bones? Are all the bones in the foot there? (I've seen this incorrect many times too). Are the disks in the spine separate from the vertebrae?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]