MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Importing AE Comps with animation into Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathaniel Barr
Importing AE Comps with animation into Cinema 4D
on Jul 17, 2018 at 7:23:24 am

How can I bring in an AE comp into Cinema 4D with an alpha channel and animation? I'm very new to Cinema 4D, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I animated an image with the puppet tool in AE with a bunch of masks and rendered it with an alpha channel. What I would like to do is bring that animated comp into Cinema 4D as an animated 2d image to be able to render alongside other 3d elements with the Cinema 4D lighting and renderer. I would also love to be able to render out this with Arnold if possible.

What I ultimately want to do is create 2d pieces of a User Interface in After Effects and then import them into Cinema 4D to render everything out with it's renderer.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Importing AE Comps with animation into Cinema 4D
on Jul 17, 2018 at 12:59:02 pm

You can't bring it as a comp with assets and such. You'll have to render it out and import it in...

Import to a texture, apply to a background object. Of a foreground object if you're saying you've got alpha... But you may end up having some troubles even if you're using the standard renderer (with transparencies and aliasing). More so with Arnold I'm guessing (though I know nothing about it). Because that's not the usual workflow, and you'll need the renderer to have that kind of objects too (or apply it to a plane and parent it to the camera).

Once you import it as a sequence to any of the material's channel (import the first frame, them go to the animation tab and press calculate), theres an animate preview checkbox in the Editor tab. If you check that and increase the texture's preview size you'll be able to work with it.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Barr
Re: Importing AE Comps with animation into Cinema 4D
on Jul 17, 2018 at 6:10:32 pm

This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks a bunch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]