MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problems - Flickering specular and unable to change its shape

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mio Tanaka
Problems - Flickering specular and unable to change its shape
on Jul 15, 2018 at 3:35:03 pm

Hi, this might be a noob question and I have two problems - Firstly, I've been playing around with a Sketch and Toon model and animated it. However, the specular flickers. I've tried shifting the flickering object's position, but it didn't do anything.

Secondly, I want to change the shape of the specular/reflection, so I made a rectangle area light. But the specular/reflection shape is still round.

Here are the render and the project file for reference. If you could help me out with fixing the issues, that'd be great.

Project file:
https://goo.gl/jdzDRm

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Problems - Flickering specular and unable to change its shape
on Jul 17, 2018 at 12:35:30 am

This may be an artifact from Sketch and Toon (artifacts are common with S&T) but often when you have a perfectly flat object, the reflection it produces is from one pixel on the reflected world or sphere. A small move of either the object, the camera or the reflecting object will produce drastic changes in the reflection. Try adding a little bump from a very large noise and see if that fixes it. Settings like: global size of the noise set to 1000 and the bump strength set to 2 usually do the trick.
It might also be the top layer of the monitor being at the same level as a lower layer, so they bounce back and forth as the system tries to figure out which should be on top.

Return to posts index

Mio Tanaka
Re: Problems - Flickering specular and unable to change its shape
on Aug 5, 2018 at 7:41:19 am

Hi, Thanks for your advice. I tried adding some bump, but it didn't work. I shifted the position of close objects, so it wasn't the cause either. I ended up exporting a pass for the screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]