MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I Animate a Material with a texture file that updates over time?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kiko Zen
How do I Animate a Material with a texture file that updates over time?
on Jul 8, 2018 at 7:55:34 pm

I have a t-shirt with a material that includes a placed graphic. I'd like to animate it so that the graphic changes to other graphics, over time. Is this possible? I prefer to achieve this by using just one material, versus using multiple materials (one per graphic) - Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How do I Animate a Material with a texture file that updates over time?
on Jul 8, 2018 at 10:26:13 pm

You could use a Multi Shader into which you would load all of your texture files. Check out this tutorial:

https://helloluxx.com/tutorials/cinema4d-2/cinema4d-mograph/demystifying-ci...

Or you could make a video file (in AE or Premiere, for example) of the changing graphics and load that in as a texture for your material.

Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of the first is quickness - you obviously don't need to make a video file. The advantage of the second would be that you could create smooth transitions between the textures, whereas in the first method the textures will change abruptly. The disadvantage of the video, besides more work, is that for best results you would need to determine ahead of time exactly how long you want it to be based on your C4D scene, thus any changes would be more difficult and time consuming. You can alter the speed of playback in the animation settings of the texture (Movie Frame Rate), but the smoothness may then suffer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]