MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Voronoi fracture distorting objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tarn Mount
Voronoi fracture distorting objects
on Jul 4, 2018 at 11:33:21 am

Hi guys,
I'm creating a chocolate bar of sorts with small nuts on it. I intend to smash it using voronoi fracture. But when I drop the model into the voronoi fracture the small nuts drastically distort. Everything i the scene has been converted to an object. I'm a noob to C4D - can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

I have attached 2 images (hopefully) - one to show what it looks like before dropping into VF and the second to show what happens once I do.

Cheers, Tarn

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Voronoi fracture distorting objects
on Jul 4, 2018 at 2:42:55 pm

haven't ever seen that, unless someone has and knows what's going on I would need to see how it's made (the scene file might be needed)

Return to posts index

Benjamin Priddle
on Jul 4, 2018 at 3:47:22 pm

This one stumped me for a moment, but I think what you need to do before putting it in the Voronoi fracture is use the boole tool to merge all the objects together properly.

Using the boole tool with the connect tool, you can merge all your objects into a fused object - "Boolean Type - A Union B"

If you then make the boole editable

Then select the new group including everything a child within that group and "connect objects and delete"

Lastly, you'll need to select your new single object in point mode and "optimize" the mesh

This is now you're fused object. When you throw that in Voronoi fracture it will actually brake the model like a broken chocolate bar as the nuts are part of the model rather than "grouped" with the object.

I hope that makes sense?

Return to posts index

Tarn Mount
on Jul 5, 2018 at 2:42:17 pm

Thanks heaps. I think that might work. But there are currently too many polygons making my nuts so my poor laptop is suffering. so I need to sort that problem out first then see if it all works. Thanks or taking the time to help out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]