MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

I see random black dots in my texture

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Idan Yekutiel
I see random black dots in my texture
on Jun 25, 2018 at 3:10:40 pm

Hello, i have a problem. When i render and in preview i see random black dots in my texture and i dont now how to fix it.

Because of the textures, you cannot see them from the preview rigth now, just from render.

Here is the photo: https://gyazo.com/e8e4b981a1eadbd5de9106d27efe4757

-----------

Also, i found another post where someone had the same problem, but his solution dont worked for me, i mention this because he posed a photo that is similar to waht happens to me: https://i1.creativecow.net/u/112081/screenshot2016-05-13at5.47.03pm.png

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: I see random black dots in my texture
on Jun 25, 2018 at 4:28:24 pm

the other dots look completely different from your problem - yours looks like the Shadow tab setting in your light is set to Shadow Maps and the Sample Radius and/or the Bias (Abs) are too small.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:14:36 pm

Actually, they dont. That is a render, but, if its not rendered, look at this: 2fd2e4eda4102e9e21ad8e6579cc6ce5

They are the same, but when i render, they look like in the other photo.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:17:08 pm

https://gyazo.com/2fd2e4eda4102e9e21ad8e6579cc6ce5 sorry, i puted the wrong link. Here is the image link.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:31:34 pm

I'd have to see the scene file

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:37:06 pm

https://mega.nz/#!7c0iiYLS!v6NAb6QQRljxiyCQZHdHxv0H6Lh40AZ21aWKnNx3bM0

Here you go :)

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:18:09 pm

Please just solve the head, other textures are just like i want them :)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:55:42 pm

Its the mapping - zoom in. Its not black dots its repeated versions of the head map. Turn off tile and put a second version of the plain yellow on first.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:58:47 pm

Like this - you will have to tweak the yellow to match your texture map, or just use a texture layer with black eyes and mouth and multiply that over the yellow you already are using. That way you don't have to match the two yellows

12476_cameratrackdeboujouuntiled.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:10:43 pm

Thanks! I just want to know more how you did that... I dont understood but it helped, so i want to know how ☺ Can you give me a better explanation?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:25:29 pm

Sure can.
If you click on the face material next to the head object, and look in the "tag" tab that comes up in the attributes panel you will see about halfway down a bunch of radio buttons. There is one called "tile". This lets a texture that is not covering the whole surface of the object repeat so that you get a whole bunch of those textures. It is on by default.
You had tile turned on but the face only covered a small portion of the head. The model of the lego guy has the UVW coordinates set so that the face will map to that specific "face" area and all the other polygons get their own version of of the texture map.
Turning off "tile" lets only one copy of the face populate the head geometry.
As for the second yellow texture I just copied one you had used and placed it before (to the left) the head texture. So in effect the head material gets comped on top of the yellow material which covers the whole head. If you take that first yellow material off, you get a yellow face on a gray (the default) head.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:44:55 pm

Wow thanks! I will send you the final render tomorrow porbably! 😃 This was my first track with boujou and cinema 4d! And this is great because with my age (13) i am on time of learning a lot! Thanks :D

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:51:55 pm

Now i have another problem! Render is green
What do i do!?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:58:13 pm

If you are using my file, that might be the cause. I saw you had a link to the vray render engine. We use octane here and not Vray so that link may have lost its way when it hit my system.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:01:20 pm

Dont worry, i use physical render because in my proyect file, for this tracking, is better. What happened is that i had stereiotipic option or something like that, on. Then, it incrreised render time, so i just turned it off and i have 1:40 minutes render per frame and it isnt green :D

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:09:57 pm

Another thing i want to say is that every frames it does the render 2 times, but when it finishes it takes it like one. Why could that be?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:27:01 pm

Try turning off the Vray option in the render settings and see what you get then.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:28:46 pm

i have physical

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:42:02 pm

There are a lot of things turned on in the render settings that you aren't using. Hair and Vray for example. I'm not seeing the double render thing you mention so thats why I was suggesting you turn off the items you don't need as they may be calculated before the main render.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 8:49:32 pm

How do i turn off vray?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 25, 2018 at 9:01:58 pm

In the render settings (render menu/edit render settings) just turn off the check box marked v-Ray bridge. Might as well turn off Hair renderer too. And check the others if you need them Global Illumination, Object glow (this may do a separate pass at the end before you can "see" the image) and Ambient Occlusion. These are all render effects or ways of rendering that you may or may not need. But they all add time to the render, GI being one that can add significant amounts of time.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 25, 2018 at 9:08:58 pm

https://gyazo.com/2ac66f1de12f0dbdd46efd0b76d83cd6 i dont see it... Maybe the proyect that you are in ithe v-ray is on.. And what more should i tweak?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:21:54 am

Ok that's weird. I don't even have Vray. Here's what I'm seeing. What version of C4D are you running? When I open your file it's saying the V ray plug in missing. Perhaps if this is someone elses file its asking for the Vray plug in that they had and used and with the items I have installed it's showing up differently.
Its also possible the previous file owner had it set to Vray and without the plug in yours defaulted to physical because thats as close to a specialized renderer it could muster.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:24:36 am

It could also be that I have Studio with all the bells and whistles (notice the lack of Hair in your render settings). Some of the other versions including C4D lite don't come with cloth or hair or thinking particles or mograph and maybe even dynamics. Maybe the original file owner had all these things and the file needs them to render properly.

Return to posts index

Idan Yekutiel
on Jun 26, 2018 at 9:48:05 pm

Its mine, dont worry. I have cinema 4d r19 studio. But that is really weird, i dont have vray. I have the plugin but not the option

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]