MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

absolute madness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Jimenez
absolute madness
on Jun 20, 2018 at 4:38:47 pm

Hi,
I'm new to cinema 4d, I'm using the lite version that comes with After Effects.
I can use many different software packages and I've always been self-taught but I'm finding C4D.....mental.

I 'm finding the strangest behaviours, here's a couple:

• If I copy and paste the interpolation curve of an object to another sometimes it works as intended, sometimes it pastes a curve that never existed in the first place, sometimes it even adds extra keyframes on its own. This happens when pasting the SAME curve over and over on to different objects.

• Adding keyframes to let's say the Y position of an object also adds keyframes to the Z position.

I'm finding myself constantly deleting things that are appearing on the timeline without any action from my side.

Is all this normal??
Anyone with similar problems?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: absolute madness
on Jun 20, 2018 at 5:10:01 pm

A couple of things to note.
First, I have found the hot keys for copy and paste inconsistent when in the curve editor. So try using the menu choices under edit (not the main interface edit but use the timeline's).
When you copy a track's keyframes they will add to the keyframes already there. So the track must be clear (except for a keyframe that the time marker is sitting on).
You can't always copy one type of track to another. So a rotation channel can't always be copied to a position channel. Nor can an X get copied to a Y all the time.

You can also use Expresso to map an objects track to another objects track. This has the advantage of "change one and many change" and you can map any kind of track to any other kind of track (you may get weird results as rotation radians get turned into position data but that can be fun too!)

Return to posts index

Manuel Jimenez
Re: absolute madness
on Jun 20, 2018 at 7:06:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll try it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]