MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

XPresso Cylinder Growth

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Tak
XPresso Cylinder Growth
on Jun 9, 2018 at 12:43:23 am

Been trying to create an XPresso set-up that allows me to grow a Parametric Pipe object from the end instead of from the middle so that the end stays in place and the other end grows outward. I'd like to be able to place the pipe anywhere and at any angle.

I am able to do this if I put the pipe object in a Null. Then divide the Height of the object in half and feed it into the Z position of the Pipe. (assuming the pipe's orientation is z). Then the XPresso always works in reference to the Null.

I have been trying to do the same without using a null. It works as long as the rotation of the pipe is the same as its orientation But once the pipe is rotated off that axis, things go awry.

The Null solution works for me but I imagine there is a solution without it. I want to keep things parametric because I also have the Height segments change as the pipe grows.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

T

"Nothing is Easy"
Jethro Tull

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: XPresso Cylinder Growth
on Jun 9, 2018 at 4:27:14 am

how about a Sweep? Growth can be controlled from the end and the number of segments can be changed (by changing the Intermediate Points in the spine being swept along)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: XPresso Cylinder Growth
on Jun 12, 2018 at 4:08:04 am

You could also animate empty polys and use the trace feature to link the space between them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]