MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to I align a sphere to the entire length of 2 connected splines?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Moore
How to I align a sphere to the entire length of 2 connected splines?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 12:23:14 am

I’ve have 2 helix splines, which I have connected (> Connect Objects). I have a sphere, which I would like to run along the entire length of the new object (> Align to Spline). I’ve identified the spline path in the tag however when I move the sphere along the new spline by changing its % position, it only moves halfway along, ie along just 1 of the original splines. How can I get the sphere to run along the entire length of the new spline? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to I align a sphere to the entire length of 2 connected splines?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 3:10:27 am

You might have to join the points of the two spline's end points to make them one big spline (which you can only do once you have connected them - select the end points of each and hit "join" from the mesh/spline menu).
I'm not sure what the two helixes would look like or if your's meet at both ends. If the do, you also have to reverse the direction of one of the splines so that the direction keeps going same way as you go around the circuit so you can make them one big spline.
Is that what you are looking for?

Return to posts index

Stephen Moore
Re: How to I align a sphere to the entire length of 2 connected splines?
on Jun 9, 2018 at 3:05:17 pm

Hi Steve,

Many apologies for the tardy response, I've been away for a couple of days. Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for, your suggestion works perfectly thank you.

Cheers

Stephen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]