MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloth Cached Data to Keyframes???

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaheer Shahid
Cloth Cached Data to Keyframes???
on May 28, 2018 at 7:10:02 am

Hello folks, Im not a c4D expert

Is it possible? To convert a simple cached data of a cloth simulation to keyframe animation ?

I am trying to drop a cloth on a table (Done) and then I want to load that animation into Element 3D by importing the c4d file directly into element.

For now I have tried caching the simulation and then saving the file with all materials applied to the objects etc, I loaded it in Element, the whole scene shows up just fine with all materials but the cached cloth simulation is not recognized by element 3D as a C4D animation.

Can anyone tell me how can I achieve this ??

Thanks in advance guys

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Cloth Cached Data to Keyframes???
on May 28, 2018 at 4:06:37 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on May 28, 2018 at 4:14:57 pm

Hi Shaheer,

As far as I know the baking and caching of animations within C4D is only designed to allow for faster playback and scrubbing in C4D itself, and does not provide any way to export baked keyframes for Element 3D. What should work for you is to export obj sequences and then load those into Element 3D. Here's a pdf file with links to two obj sequence exporters, and a link to a training video. The video is old and mistakenly shows the Plexus OBJ exporter as costing $30, but it has been free for sometime as you will find on its link page.

Have fun.

12421_exportingobjsequencesforelement.pdf.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cloth Cached Data to Keyframes???
on May 28, 2018 at 5:07:16 pm

you can bake the cloth motion using Timeline/Functions/Bake Objects... to bake it as PLA but that can only be saved to Alembic or FBX (a far as I know) not OBJ. I don't have Element and don't know what it will do but maybe a PLA animation from C4D direct would work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]