MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multi-pass rendering problem with Diffuse layer in C4D r19

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vlad cohen
Multi-pass rendering problem with Diffuse layer in C4D r19
on May 26, 2018 at 8:09:40 pm

Hi, I am a newbie to C4D so I hope I am doing something stupid, but I would appreciate any help or advice.

I have been trying to render a simple animation (based on a Hello Luxx tutorial at https://vimeo.com/177569974). Everything is fine until I get to the output stage and try to render multi-pass files to import into After Effects.

In C4D, my diffuse renders look correct. They are like a relatively flat coloured version of the shapes in the animation. But the saved files (I have tried as PSD and PNG) are totally different. Only the edges of the objects appear, and they are all noisy and strangely coloured. When I import the files into after effects they look totally wrong because the diffuse layer is almost completely transparent.

I am hoping that this screenshot will help to explain. Why is the output file so different from the preview in the C4D render window? Can anyone with more experience spot what is happening to my renders? Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Multi-pass rendering problem with Diffuse layer in C4D r19
on May 27, 2018 at 12:10:50 am

I couldn't see your images but... Do you have separate files checked in your render settings? If not the multipass will be batched into one file (per frame) and you have to extract each channel inside AE (use Extractor in the 3D effects menu - select the channels of the effect and that will open a dialogue that lets you choose what that layer will represent. You need to make a copy of the layer for each of your channels.)

I don't think you can multipass a PNG the above way because it can't hold multiple layers like a pshop file can but a png will allow separate files though.
There could also be an alpha involved - try interpreting the footage in AE and turn off the alpha. See what you get then.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Multi-pass rendering problem with Diffuse layer in C4D r19
on Oct 9, 2018 at 12:27:56 am

maybe a bug. try exporting as a 32bit PSD, I see it fixes it for me.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]