<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eelko Meester
How can I hide edges?
on May 23, 2018 at 11:17:09 am
Last Edited By Eelko Meester on May 23, 2018 at 11:17:43 am

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can answer this:
How can I hide edges in Cinema 4D?

I know about Melt but I just want to disable the edges in the viewport. not editing.
I know 3D studio MAX has the option Auto Edge which turns all edges off under a given angle.
I'm looking for someting similar in CInema 4D

Kind regards,
Eelko

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How can I hide edges?
on May 24, 2018 at 5:20:33 am

Does Max do that in the viewport in wirecage? Really?

You can do it in the render in C4d with a higher phong shader angle (phong tag). In the viewport you could choose another view type (Quick shade no lines) but you will still see hard edges beyond a certain angle - set by the phong tag.

Return to posts index

Eelko Meester
on May 24, 2018 at 7:28:35 pm

If you make a box in Max it's edges are visible but the diagonal edges are hidden. Just the same as in C4D.

In Max you can select every edge, hidden or not, and turn each edge on or off (hidden). You can also select all edges and apply an Auto Edge. Every edge is evaluated on it's angle and turned on or off based on that angle. Very handy for complex shapes.

In C4D you can select edges but you can't hide them as far as I know.
If I make wall with a window and door by using a boole it shows the diagonal lines. There is an option to turn these of but sometimes it makes the geometry falty (faces disappear). And I make lots of other things.
I want to see the lines on the corners, not in the polygons.

I've added an example:

I want to hide them in the viewport, it's easier for editing.
I have found the phong-tab but thats more about smoothing.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 25, 2018 at 12:12:45 am

you could select the edges and use Hide Selected to hide them but the selection process isn't automated.... there was a plugin called (I think) Flush Select which had some angle settings but I don't remember if it worked with edges (and if it would work with R19 etc)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 25, 2018 at 3:43:50 am

You could also select the edges you want to hide and make them part of a selection set so you could turn the hide selected function on and off for specific sets of edges all at once. It does mean you have to select them in the first place but it sounds like you have to in Max anyway.

Return to posts index

Eelko Meester
on May 29, 2018 at 11:29:16 am

I found it. Just select an edge and choose Select in the menubar and Choose Hide Selected.
Still looking how to select an hidden edge and a way tot automate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]