MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Export an animation that includes all simulation tag info

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Watts
Export an animation that includes all simulation tag info
on May 20, 2018 at 2:24:54 pm

I am working on two different versions of C4D. One version has simulation tags such as “Cloth Belt” and “Cloth Collider” and the other version does not. The version that have the tags I need are on a less than powerful Mac computer and the version that does not have these tags are on a really powerful machine.

So what I am attempting to do on the lesser computer that has these simulation tags is create an animated scene, export out the entire animated scene and import back into the the C4D located on the more powerful machine. When I export the animation as an.FBX, for example, and the open this same .FBX file back into C4D it does not keep the simulation tags. I see my original objects, but not the effects of the simulation tags.

To give you a better visual, I’ve created a curtain that opens using a Coth Belt simulation tag. So there is a curtain object and sort of a rope object that uses a Collider Tag to pull the curtain open. This works in the original scene but when I export it and open the exported file in C4D, the curtain looks stiff and the rope used to open the curtain simply goes through the curtain as if it did not have the Cloth Collider tag on it. So how do I export an animation and maintain all of the effects of the simulation tags used in the original scene?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Export an animation that includes all simulation tag info
on May 21, 2018 at 11:23:21 pm

Hi Andre,

I haven't worked with exporting and using FBX files before, but with some experimentation on some simple cloth projects I found that the following seemed to work:

1) Bake the cache in Project Settings > Dynamics > Cache

2) In the FBX export settings enable "PLA to Vertex Cache"

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]