MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

When extruding doesn't recognise center holes of letters

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SOphie Hollies
When extruding doesn't recognise center holes of letters
on May 14, 2018 at 11:25:23 am

Hello I'm a bit of a newby to cinema 4D but i'm having a very frustrating issue with importing text from ilustrator into the software and I can't seem to find any information anywhere about this issue online. When I import text and extrude it, it doesn't recognise that my letters A, D, O etc have a space that should be cut out. I've tried 'Connecting & delete' the path but I only have 1 path per letter (not enough paths to connect, the option 'connect & delete' is greyed out). I made sure that all my paths in illustrator were outlines and I saved my illustrator document as an illustrator 8 file and merged into cinema 4D. WHat am I doing wrong? :/ I would appreciate any help. Thanks :))

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: When extruding doesn't recognise center holes of letters
on May 14, 2018 at 4:29:22 pm

the problem is likely with the Illustrator file itself since you have the parts for each letter all in one spline, can you post the Illustrator file (the Illustrator 8 version) or the C4D scene file?

Return to posts index

Matthew ONeill
Re: When extruding doesn't recognise center holes of letters
on May 16, 2018 at 11:33:34 am

Most likely the centre hole of the letter D has a double skin of splines.

Disable the extrude
Enter point mode
Select the spline for the letter D
click one spline point along the centre hole
Use Select > Select Connected

Now try moving the points around, likely youll see there is still a ghost left behind because you had 2 holes in the same place. Delete one of them.

Mash

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]