MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to traveling cars in road

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ava oj
How to traveling cars in road
on May 14, 2018 at 7:10:51 am

Hi
I want to create a road and traveling cars on that. I used Spline but the angle of cars not correct in turn right or left.
how can I animate cars quick and perfect?

warm regards

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How to traveling cars in road
on May 14, 2018 at 2:49:58 pm

Did you enable "Tangential" in the Align to Spline tag?

Return to posts index

ava oj
on May 15, 2018 at 5:26:31 am

I checked it but I have the same problem.
I tracked camera with boujou, and I work on it, I create a highway and I wanna animate traveling cars in this highway like this video:

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on May 15, 2018 at 3:09:41 pm

From the little information you provided in your first post my only guess was that you were using an Align to Spline tag to animate a car and had not enabled "Tangential." I am not familiar with Boujou, but my next guess would be that you need to link your motion track to your C4D objects in order to composite them into the scene. You need to provide much more specific information, and perhaps a project file, or we will just be guessing at what your problems are.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 15, 2018 at 9:01:00 pm

Boujou has a vector component for all of its tracking points. You can link your object's orientation to the vector (the direction it points)

Return to posts index

ava oj
on May 16, 2018 at 5:06:17 am

I'm working on a footage, I should track the camera and I did it! now, I wanna animate cars in highway quick and perfect, I can do this one by one, but I'm looking a fast way for animate.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 16, 2018 at 5:44:41 am

The image you sent is obviously all 3D, so I 'm not sure what needs tracking. Or is the 3D flyover from another project that you don't have the c4d files for?
With all the tracking points from boujou you should be able to tell where the roads are in 3D space. You can make splines that run down the lanes of the roads and "attach" the cars to those splines and make them point the right way and follow the curves with Jim's suggestion. The splines will also help you tell whether you got your tracking solve correct.
Because the original animator would have only made this one interchange, once you set up the overhead tracked shot with splines on all the roads, those splines will also be in the right position for all the other shots too, you just have to find the right camera position. You should be able to put all your different camera solves with markers into one project (with each set of tracker solves and markers made children of a unique null) and then move the parent nulls around until all the markers line up in 3D space. Even though you have many different camera angles you are still tracking around one interchange, one common 3D environment and identical geometry.

Return to posts index

Din Iulian Silviu
on May 16, 2018 at 5:22:43 pm
Last Edited By Din Iulian Silviu on May 17, 2018 at 6:02:45 am

I also encountered the same problem

Return to posts index

Din Iulian Silviu
on May 16, 2018 at 1:48:58 pm
Last Edited By Din Iulian Silviu on May 17, 2018 at 6:01:55 am

You can do in this way:

* duplicate the spline to obtain two splines

* move a little the second spline (to have a look like a rail)

*select both spline > at the intermediate points select 'uniform' and increase the 'number'

* in align to spline settings check 'tangential' and select one spline for 'spline path' and the other for 'rail path'

Now should works...

let me know

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]