MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fix Baked Animation keyframes with Script

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hashimoto
Fix Baked Animation keyframes with Script
on May 10, 2018 at 8:32:35 pm

Hello - I've been using mixamo as an affordable animation resource - and I'm able to get an FBX with the geometry applied as a skin to a skeleton from the site. Everything looks good on the site - but one join of the skeleton is off by exactly -90 degrees. All the keyframes on the skeleton are already baked, but the heel-to-toe rotation is off by -90 degrees in the Pitch.

Can I add a script or something to offset all the keyframes by this value for that particular joint?

- Daniel Hashimoto
"Action Movie Dad"

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Fix Baked Animation keyframes with Script
on May 11, 2018 at 2:47:22 am

Ya thats a problem with Mixamo - they use four different (as far as i've counted) skeletal paradigms that don't mix well.
What we've done is duplicate that skeleton/mesh, fix the second and then retarget the first mesh to the second skeleton.

You can also take the rotated "bone" and shift the keyframe values of just that object in the timeline fcurves. Select just the single rotation direction and all its keyframes in the time line and drag them up or down until they are rotated the right way.

This way you can alter the rotation of that object but keep all the animation intact.

You could also do an expresso with a math node (and a degree to rad and visa versa nodes on either end- C4D does its expresso math in radians) and just pass the original value in and get a new value out.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hashimoto
Re: Fix Baked Animation keyframes with Script
on May 11, 2018 at 3:23:18 am

That is so incredibly helpful, thanks!!

- Daniel Hashimoto
"Action Movie Dad"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]