MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

What I see in Cinema 4D is different from what I see in Element 3D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Schnitzel
What I see in Cinema 4D is different from what I see in Element 3D?
on May 10, 2018 at 1:18:38 pm

Hello.

I'm completely new to Cinema 4D but have always wanted to create a skull object that I would use in After Effects. I could have downloaded an already finished skull object but didn't feel right using someone else's work so I decided to try out Cinema 4D myself and sculpt my own skull. Anyway, I finally finished my skull want to import it into After Effects / Element 3D so I exported it as a Wavefront OBJ (.obj) file because that's the only file type Element will accept in After Effects. But for some reason, what I see in Cinema 4D is completely different than what I import in Element? I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm using incorrect rendering settings? I'm so lost at this point and have spent so much time on this skull which was extremely difficult to make as a beginner. I have no idea who to ask for assistance so I decided to come here.

Cinema 4D:

Element 3D:

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: What I see in Cinema 4D is different from what I see in Element 3D?
on May 10, 2018 at 6:17:44 pm

The cow isn't letting me see the pictures up close - whats that tag on each of your sphere objects? Your objects are collapsed so thats good but the tag may be showing you something in C4D that the OBJ exporter can't emulate.

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
on Jul 8, 2018 at 3:32:44 pm
Last Edited By Emir Bojorquez on Jul 8, 2018 at 3:36:52 pm

You need to convert your sculpture to an editable object before you move to Element 3D, so Select the sculpture >> Right click >> Current State to Object; after this, you will get new objects. Then Delete the old Objects and export the new ones

Good Luck

Emir
pixldgblog.com

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

Benjamin Priddle
on Jul 10, 2018 at 2:35:27 pm

I think you'd be surprised, Element 3D will actually take native .c4d projects as model files...

But "Emir Bojorquez" is correct, you will need to conform your sculpted object into a standard object so that the sculpture tag is gone first, regardless of the format you export as.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]