MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

tracer connect all objects question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad demoss
tracer connect all objects question
on May 8, 2018 at 6:46:42 pm
Last Edited By chad demoss on May 8, 2018 at 7:23:34 pm

How do I connect all objects to the nearest object? I cloned a bunch of spheres and right now its connecting all of the spheres sequentially. What I want is for the spheres to connect to the nearest sphere. Or maybe the tracer object isnt what I should be using? attached is a screen grab. I dont want a bunch of lines going all the way across I just want the lines to form a spherical surface.

kind of like this but organic and animatable where the spheres are connected to the lines

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: tracer connect all objects question
on May 8, 2018 at 11:48:05 pm

there was a free plugin called UberTracer which did this sort of thing, don't know if it works in more modern versions, there is a newer version called UberTracer 2 but it's not free.
Can you do what you want with an Atom Array on the same sphere (or whatever) you are attaching the clones too?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 9, 2018 at 4:58:50 pm

We tried this a while ago and ended up with Ubertracer2. I thought we might be able to "order" the list of objects using expresso by doing what amounts to a bubble sort based on distance tests for each object to every other object.
It got messy fast.
Ubertracer2 has so many controls for distance and nearest neighbor and what kind of linkage you want (even links between two separate groups) it really is taking something complex and making it simple. Well worth the $50 I think.
The Parallax effect for AE is similar (at 6 times the price) but I find the Ubertracer2 has better control.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on May 10, 2018 at 1:14:30 pm

If you already have x-particles you might also consider going that way. The XPTrail object has a lot of options, although maybe not as many as Ubertracer2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]