MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Trigger Animated Texture

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Seoane
Trigger Animated Texture
on May 2, 2018 at 2:32:35 am

Hi there!
I'm been trying to find out a way to trigger an animated texture set on multiple objects. All the objects are on a fracture object so i can apply effectors on it then i can have a source to trigger the animated texture, but seems there is no way to link that with the start of the animated texture. Any advice? maybe some Xpresso?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Trigger Animated Texture
on May 2, 2018 at 8:39:50 pm

What exactly is animated in the texture? Is it a movie or a noise or a gradient that changes? Or does the texture just slide around the object?
Were you hoping to have the animation start at the same time across all objects or at different times?

Return to posts index

Sam Seoane
on May 2, 2018 at 10:17:09 pm

Its movie ( black and then white comes in from the bottom to the top). I using some effector, like plain effector( with a source as a falloff). I need to trigger the animated texture when the source of the falloff "hit" the objects. I'll use the render it as a mask later on after effects, because there is to many objects to animated manually. If there is not way to do it its my last resource but i'm trying to figure this it out.
Hope this make sense.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on May 3, 2018 at 3:02:55 am

Can you animate the graduation or the changing black and white in C4D instead? That way you have full control of the nodes in the gradient and they are animateable. (the gradient can be instant, so a hard area of white moving on a black field is still a gradient, just a really short one). You can twirl down the the attributes of each knot on the gradient color bar to see its position and you can position another color in the next position over to get a hard line instead of a gradient.
You can either animate the plane falloff at the same frame as the gradient keyframe or you can tie the two together with expresso.

If you want to stick with a movie you can click the animation tab in texture in the material and change when the movie starts in the animation and where it ends (this is the two range settings)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]