MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to change X-Particles turbulence seed?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Wood
How to change X-Particles turbulence seed?
on Apr 27, 2018 at 10:10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been using the cloth simulation in X-Particles 4, and overall I've been getting along with it beautifully, but I've been unable to figure out how to vary the effect of turbulence on the cloth. I have a setup that I'm really happy with just using the standard noise type, but the exact movement of the cloth doesn't quite frame perfectly in my shot. I'd love to just be able to try a few different seeds until it works out, but I can't really figure out how to do that. The only input for a seed I could find is in the xpEmitter, and changing this has zero effect. Is it just not possible to change the seed or am I missing something here? If anyone has some knowledge of this I'd be extremely thankful, I'm working on a severely time-limited project and I'm stressed to heck about getting it done, haha...

Thanks in advance,

James

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to change X-Particles turbulence seed?
on Apr 28, 2018 at 1:10:28 am

seeds in xpturbulence are controlled in the Falloff, set Shape to Noise or xpNoiseFalloff. Noise is simpler, choose a noise and a seed it appears to be infinite by default and no choice of groups. xpNoiseFalloff is more powerful, it has it's own shape choices (only three) and choice of Noise and seed as well as the ability to limit it to particle groups if you want.

Return to posts index

James Wood
Re: How to change X-Particles turbulence seed?
on Apr 28, 2018 at 2:11:25 am

Amazing, thanks so much. I've been kinda just passing over the falloff tab because, well, I didn't need any actual falloff! Thanks again, you've saved me so much hassle!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]