MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Odd behavior in R19

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Scott
Odd behavior in R19
on Apr 24, 2018 at 3:06:04 pm

I have tested this with R18 and R19, but only in R19 do I get the following odd behavior:

I create a MoText object and add a Rigid Body tag. With the tag's Individual Elements set to Off I can run the animation (MoText falls), stop it in the middle, return to the start, and the MoText object will return to its starting position as expected. But if I choose any other Individual Elements setting (All, for example), when I stop the animation in the middle and return to the start the MoText object (or the individual letters as applicable) stays in the same place it was when the animation was stopped. And odder still, if instead of clicking on Go to Start I click on Go to End the object will reset to its initial position... but only sometimes. When that doesn't work I have to cycle it from the end position, to the start, back to the end, and back to the start to get it to reset. In any case, whether it resets or not, and as long as I have either gone to the end or start positions, when Play is selected the object will reset to its initial position and the animation will run normally. If the animation is allowed to keep running (loop) the object always resets to its initial position when the animation cycles back to the start.

I have quit and restarted C4D multiple times, as well as restarting my Mac, but the odd behavior continues.

I would appreciate it if someone could test this with R19 and see if they get the same result.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Odd behavior in R19
on Apr 24, 2018 at 8:50:24 pm

I can't duplicate it, Scott, but I'm on a PC.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 24, 2018 at 9:27:42 pm

Thanks Adam. I can definitely work around it, but it's a bit annoying.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 24, 2018 at 9:23:10 pm

I see the same thing 'normal' in 18, no reset in 19 (on the macs at work - pc at home now, I'll test that later).
The reset by using the jump to end (so far) works every time if I go to start first then go to end.... definitely something amiss there.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 24, 2018 at 9:28:53 pm

Okay, thanks Brian. I guess it's a Mac bug.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 24, 2018 at 10:16:39 pm

back home and I'm seeing it on the PC too, MoText/Rigid Body/Inherit Tag=None/Individual Elements=All and it does the same thing, doesn't reset on Go to Start

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 25, 2018 at 12:40:36 am

It's interesting that you also get it on a PC and Adam does not. Must be related to Windows version as well.

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
on Apr 25, 2018 at 12:48:43 am

Hi, Jim, I'm having the same thing happen to me in C4D R19 on my Mac, and, as far as I can tell, only when using MoText, as you mention. I haven't seen a similar behaviour with other objects. I was wondering what I was doing wrong, but I guess this time it's not on me! :)

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 25, 2018 at 1:34:06 am

Thanks for the info Xavier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]