MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simple task in Python

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ales Zemla
Simple task in Python
on Apr 19, 2018 at 11:04:44 am

Wouldn't anyone please know how to do this simple task in Python?

Load a model to a scene
Position it to a place
Add a material to it
Render it
Save the picture
Delete the model
Load another model
Do the same repeatedly

What I have in mind: I have a sequence of 3D models that I created in different software and I want to render it to form a video. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Simple task in Python
on Apr 19, 2018 at 8:10:29 pm

I can see a few issues with this process I thought I'd mention before you head down the rabbit hole:

The models coming from different packages will have different mapping associated with them, so unless you are going to do a plain jane material and let it wrap however it likes, you may end up with strange looking textures.

Are all the models the same size? (including the same scale and same orientation?) Some packages work in different units to C4d and some even have Z as up or Y inverted, so your models may come in too big or backwards or upside down.
And then there's the camera to frame the model's different sizes - you will have to include math to get world width and height and work out how far back the camera should be for each model, based on focal length and aspect ratio.

This doesn't solve any of the above but is a hack for loading. There are mesh loaders out there (like the one that comes with Real Flo - C4D may have one by now). If you have OBJs and name them all sequentially, C4d will load them, one for every frame. Then just render a movie, however many frames long you have models for and you've got all your shots.

Return to posts index

Ales Zemla
Re: Simple task in Python
on Apr 20, 2018 at 7:14:24 am

Thank you for your answer. I just learned it
can be done in Mograph.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]