MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

What do you think about Architectural visualization(VR) using unreal engine?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parthiban palanikumar
What do you think about Architectural visualization(VR) using unreal engine?
on Apr 5, 2018 at 11:50:09 am

Been doing some walkthroughs of 3d building(realestate) work recently(in 3dsmax),.and had a glimpse of integration between unreal and 3d applications to create a vivid walkthroughs than normal 3d walkthroughs that can be created in 3dsmax.I was thinking Okay,if unreal could do this.Then creating a VR environment with the same 3d model should not be an issue..but i see less company take this as a serious buisness..But i find it to be quite potential in future?
What do you people think?
Would love some insight of you people...

Reference link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gah8sHA1r_8)

Thanks in advance..
Parthi

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: What do you think about Architectural visualization(VR) using unreal engine?
on Apr 5, 2018 at 5:43:04 pm

But would it be the same 3D model? For the unreal engine to work real-time don't the models have to be optimized so they can render on the fly? Everyone has such a huge library of Arch models to pull from so they can do these walk throughs economically, I wonder if they haven't bothered to convert models and textures so they render on the fly (at least so far).
It may also be the level of realism. The unreal and unity engines are spectacular but a true GI render will always look more real than the realtime engines (it is called unreal after all). And when it comes to selling a condo etc that may be a tipping point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]