MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Octane for C4D Textures

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teodor Cimpeanu
Octane for C4D Textures
on Apr 4, 2018 at 3:53:00 pm

Hey everyone! First of all, I love this site. It helped me so much over the years while learning graphic design. I was always able to get help for all the problems I had but for this one.
Why does this happen?

I know that my textures are low res but they are supposed to be. The c4D renderer gets it right but octane doesn't. Already tried converting the materials to octane materials... doesn't work.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Octane for C4D Textures
on Apr 4, 2018 at 9:51:26 pm

What does you texture look like? Its hard to tell from the matrial balls - in fact they don't look low rez at all.
Is the image on the left a viewport render or just the low rez viewport preview?

And just to look big-picture - if, as you say, your textures are going to be low rez, whats the need for octane?

Return to posts index

Teodor Cimpeanu
on Apr 4, 2018 at 11:19:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response!
My textures look like this:
That is a viewport render.
The scale of the project is so big, has so many textures and polygons that I really need the extra speed Octane gives me.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 5, 2018 at 12:29:54 am

Ok I see what's happening - the texture is so small the software is interpolating the pixels trying to spread it out over the object. The viewport can be blockier in preview mode than the final render so that makes sense - the blocks you are seeing there is probably the preview and not the actual texture.
What you might have to do if you want that minecraft look from your textures is to blow that texture up with no antialiasing so that you get those squares in the original image. When you think about it - that texture appears to be about 10 or 20 pixels across but you are asking C4D to map it across hundreds of pixels of screen real estate. So naturally there is sub sampling going on.
You could also try turning off anti aliasing in the render settings or changing the texture sampling but I'm afraid edges would start to sparkle, so blowing the texture up beforehand might be the best.

Return to posts index

Teodor Cimpeanu
on Apr 5, 2018 at 7:45:26 am

Yeah i figured the blowing up out myself too. Tho I use a lot of separate textures that need to be adjusted so I hoped that there would be an easyer way of doing it like there is with the normal c4d textures (turning the sampling to none).
I'll might be able to merge all the textures together and then scale them up.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]