MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cut down a tree with physics (voronoi ? )

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ghislain Gillet
cut down a tree with physics (voronoi ? )
on Apr 1, 2018 at 11:50:32 am

Hello,
I'm stuck with a physic problem...
I would like to cut down a kind of cartoon a tree : a violent break in the middle of the trunk...
My first approach was to make a soft body cage to the top part (so the leaf and branches gently fall on the floor ) and connect it to the trunk and break it with a voronoi fracture. But as I can't figure out how to connect specific fragment to another objects (top of the trunk with the leaf part and foot of the trunk with the ground ) I'm stuck...

Is there a way to tell a connector object to attach a specific voronoi fragment to another object ?

Or do I have do reconsider a total different approach ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: cut down a tree with physics (voronoi ? )
on Apr 1, 2018 at 8:36:41 pm

hard to tell without knowing what the tree is like but I'd be considering not trying to attach the upper part but having dynamics for the upper part set to trigger not Immediately but on Collision or Velocity Peak depending. That way the top can have different mass settings and if you are using aerodynamics could fall slower

Return to posts index

Ghislain Gillet
on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:04:42 pm
Last Edited By Ghislain Gillet on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:09:43 pm

For the moment I'm doing my test with a sphere and a cylinder (part of the cylinder is inside the sphere). The thing is I would like the sphere stay attached to the upper part of the cylinder after breaking it. I considered separate the different dynamics and try to follow a position but it's the same problem I don't know how to follow a specific fragment...

I just figured out some people put voronoi inside a voronoi, the top level voronoi just to connect the parts. It may be a good solution but for the moment I think I'm missing something with the inheritance of the dynamics to keep the sphere a soft body...
In this video (around 4:25) :

he have this setting but with collider bodies, he doesn't detail the setting. There is also a mograph selection tag but I don't know what he's doing with it...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 3, 2018 at 2:43:38 am

the simplest way I can think of is to make the Voronoi editable (or Current State to Object) and use the fragment directly with a connector.

12315_vornoibreakcartoontree.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]