How to add illumination to a texture and hide the object with C4D + VRAY

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram van Oosterhout
How to add illumination to a texture and hide the object with C4D + VRAY
on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:11:03 pm
Last Edited By Bram van Oosterhout on Mar 28, 2018 at 4:52:04 pm

Hi,

I am relatively new to Cinema 4D and I have a few questions I could find the answeres of on google.
First of all, I want to create a reflection like this on the body/keyboard of the laptop:

(24 sec - 33 sec).
And the glass/glossy look of the display like this:

As renderer am I using C4D in combination with V-Ray.
I tried to place 3 object with a colour/illumination to recreate a reflection on the keyboard which works well but I do not know how to hide the 3 lines.
Result: https://i.brammedia.nl/Zsdyx61030.jpg

Adding a Compositing tag and disabling 'Seen by camera' does not work as you can see here: https://i.brammedia.nl/RHdQu81029.jpg

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to add illumination to a texture and hide the object with C4D + VRAY
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:16:18 pm

Arent those three "lines" just the gaps between your polygon objects? You can always just make one big objects and join the three colors in one image too.
But in your project just make sure the each object is the same distance from the next object by the amount of its width (the distance from center to edge of object plus the distance of the next object from center to edge) - if they are all the same width, then that distance is just the object's width.

Return to posts index

Bram van Oosterhout
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:44:03 pm

Maybe I explained it in a wrong way. I want the image to illuminate, but I do not know how to with VRAY so I placed 3 elements with a glowing texture on it. But how can I make the object itself invisible but the light/reflection/glow not?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:22:31 pm

Gotcha: I don't use Vray but since it's a GI renderer try turning off the seen by rays or seen by GI. (as well as the seen by camera). This may kill the reflection though.
With other render engines those features are usually part of the engine's interface and the ones set in C4d are often ignored. Does Vray have such a thing? - perhaps with Object ID tags so the engine knows which objects to include in the "off" command.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]