MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture Problem in preview window of C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Sam
Texture Problem in preview window of C4D
on Mar 28, 2018 at 9:59:31 am
Last Edited By James Sam on Mar 28, 2018 at 10:07:06 am

Hi,I recently encounter with a material preview problem.They are not shown in a way they are supposed to, in preview tab but the render just fine.Please consider the pictures

render

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Texture Problem in preview window of C4D
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:08:11 pm

And you have textures selected in the viewport Options menu?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:33:20 pm

The "Textures" option was my first thought too, Steve, but unless there are differences between C4D versions deselecting that option causes all objects to show as the default color in the viewport until rendered. James' example seems to have colors still showing but not the full textures... so I don't know what the issue is.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:19:33 pm

You'd have made a good detective Jim. I missed the default color not being there completely (with textures option turned off).
James , have you tried turning off the open GL in the your preferences? Your graphics card might have a migraine. You might need to restart C4d to have it take effect. (I have one card that needs that and many that don't)

Return to posts index

James Sam
on Mar 29, 2018 at 2:12:12 am

Hi First of all i'd like to thank you guys for considering my problem
Saying that Steve Bentley please tell me how to turn off openGL at my machine it looks like this

(looks like old machine isn't it)
Well i want to tell you that at the same machine the C4d has worked really well but after reinstalling windows it started to give this problem.Is it something to do with OS or drivers?
And of course Jim Scott nice eye coz i got my texture on in preview

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 29, 2018 at 4:07:56 am

With the OS reinstall did you get the drivers for your video card and reinstall those too? Did you get the latest from the chip maker (Nvidia or ATI and not the maker of the actual video card)

That looks to me like your video card is not capable of Open GL and its a software version thats running. it also looks like you can't uncheck that top box. What vid card do you have?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]