MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to smash a cube, then make it into particles in particular?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
How to smash a cube, then make it into particles in particular?
on Mar 28, 2018 at 12:55:26 am

Can I smash an object like a cube or sphere in c4d then import the fragments into particular and edit them in there to 3d track in my scene in after effects?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How to smash a cube, then make it into particles in particular?
on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:06:25 am

As far as I know, Particular only uses its own particle types, one of which is sprites which can either be selected from a list of presets or imported as custom images (not 3D files). Particular can use obj files as emitter shapes, but again not as particles. You might want to look into Stardust which added 3D model capabilities in its latest version, to what extent, I don't know.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:16:36 am

at 2:49 - 3:26 he briefly touches on it im not sure if you c an make senmse of it, but im trying to repliocate something like the floating particles he has in his clip

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:16:07 am

I watched that section you referred to and he is talking about using Element 3D with imported 3D objects, not Particular.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:39:41 am

It really depends on what you are trying to do. You can use Particular and imported OBJs to emit particles (I didn't see that in the video), but Jim's right, checkout Stardust as it works more like Element3D's or C4d's cloners with particles.

But if you have C4D and you are smashing the shapes in there, why not use TP or XP or something else to make the particles in a true 3D environment?

And while we're here - can someone explain to me the fascination with compositing on to game footage. Not judging, I just see this a lot and wonder what its all about.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 29, 2018 at 7:56:49 pm

hey steve thanks for the response and I will have to reasearch stardust it sounds like its going to be very helpful to me and my project. And by TP or XP I assume you mean trapcode particular? sorry just not too sure and I'm happy you asked about why people enjoy editing and compositing on to game footage. For me personally I do it as there is so much creative freedom with what you can do to game footage and I find it a hell of a lot cooler than editing and compositing footage from real life, thats all there is to it really 😃
Thanks
Jasford

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 29, 2018 at 8:02:01 pm

Within C4D, depending on your version you can use ThinkingParticles to do all this. You have much more control than Particular and its true 3D. You can also get an after market plug in of XParticles for C4D. In my opinion XP has been better implemented, but it really depends how you want to make them dance.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 31, 2018 at 4:53:20 am

ok just for closure i suppose, I contacted the guy who did the edit and he told me this is what he did to get those particles

"I shattered a cube via thrausi and imported it into E3D, enabled multi object to separate all the individual pieces and animated it via multi-object"

I think this seems simple enough so I'll givbe it a go and get back to you guys if I struggle with anything their.

Thanks dudes
Jasford

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Mar 31, 2018 at 5:56:31 pm

[Jasford Muldoon] " For me personally I do it as there is so much creative freedom with what you can do to game footage and I find it a hell of a lot cooler than editing and compositing footage from real life, thats all there is to it really 😃"

Interesting, I've been wondering about that too. I can certainly see the appeal of working with footage that already looks good. I will say though... you can learn a lot more from working with live action footage, especially if you shoot it yourself. ☺

Shawn

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 31, 2018 at 7:08:09 pm

I woldnt doubt that for second, however! I would say that alot of edited game footage, to people who don't play those games, people may think that things that are edited are actually a part of the game and don't realise its actually editing/ compositing work. I would really to branch out to working on real life footage but for me, editing footage of something I already love is a great gateway into the complex world of video editing ☺

thanks
jasford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]