MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How To Move Whole Animation All At Once?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kozick
How To Move Whole Animation All At Once?
on Mar 23, 2018 at 9:23:21 pm

I'm creating human figure animations in Adobe Fuse/Mixamo and importing them into C4D. What I want to do is create in a single C4D file a couple of independent animated figures to be situated on different locations in global space. Each animation is independent and based on a different human figure; they are not interacting with each other nor are they connected to each other.

When I import the animations into C4D, they both import at the same location with one importing on top of the other.

How can I move each whole animation all at once to a particular location in global space? Should I be working with Motion Clips or not? If so, how?

Please advise. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How To Move Whole Animation All At Once?
on Mar 24, 2018 at 3:56:51 am

you don't need motion clips just the Animation Tool which lets you move the (I assume in this case) the rig around and it brings the animation with it.

Return to posts index

James Kozick
on Mar 24, 2018 at 4:00:54 pm

I'm not familiar with what Animation Tool you're referring to - where it's located and how to use it. I've looked and searched in C4D with no luck. Please advise how to locate it and use it. Thanks for your reply!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 24, 2018 at 7:25:04 pm

it depends a bit on the version of C4D you are using (and if you have customized the interface) but it should be on the upper-left of the editor window icons - the Model/Object/Animation Tools are there. It can also be reached via menus, in R19 it's in Tools/Modes/Animation.

The Help says:
Animation
When in this mode an active object’s entire animation path can be moved, scaled or rotated. Clicking on and moving keys individually is always possible.

Return to posts index

James Kozick
on Mar 25, 2018 at 6:45:31 pm

Thanks so much for your help.

Now it works with the help of the Animation Tool. In R17 its buried a lit bit. But, once I located it, it works.

Your help is most appreciated!

Return to posts index

James Kozick
Re: How To Rotate a Whole Animation All At Once?
on May 27, 2018 at 2:59:08 am

A while back I wrote with a request regarding how to move a whole animation all at once. These are MIXAMO animations I have downloaded and imported to C4D.

The suggestion I received then was to use the Animation Tool - which worked just fine when used with the Move Tool. Now, I am attempting to rotate an animation all at once. I'm still using the Animation Tool which is still working fine with the Move Tool. However, when I attempt to use the Rotate Tool on the animation with the Animation Tool, the animation will not rotate. I thought it was originally suggested that the Animation Tool worked with rotate as well. But, it is not working with the Rotate Tool.

Any suggestions how to get the Rotate Tool to work with the Animation Tool?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 27, 2018 at 4:43:55 am

Not that I know of (but not an expert), the rotate tool will work with the animation mode but it rotates the animation path not the object, as far as I know. I only played with one Mixamo (pre-Adobe). I understand from a post by Steve that there are a couple different formats but if it's like the one I have you can maybe do what you want by grouping the rig parts hierarchy and the mesh hierarchy under a single null and rotate that null (with the Model tool).

Return to posts index

James Kozick
on May 27, 2018 at 2:18:58 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I tried grouping all the parts under a null. What I found when I did that is not only did the animation not rotate when I attempted to rotate the null, but the Move Tool didn't work either when attempting to use the Move tool to move the animation by moving the null. But, when I highlighted the rig alone, the Move Tool worked once again.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 27, 2018 at 6:01:00 pm

it must depend on the structure we'd have to see the file

Return to posts index

leonardo Papini
on Jun 2, 2018 at 1:21:57 pm

Hi James,

i just saw this tutorial and maybe it could help you with your problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]