MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

prevent i1, i2, i3

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
prevent i1, i2, i3
on Mar 22, 2018 at 3:23:34 am

Hello,

I have this problem many times. Everytime I render using the render queue it keeps adding i1, i2 to the project instead of overwriting the files, which is what I want, so it keeps the comp the same in AE. Many people in internet are complaning about this but I have not seen any solution.

Please help!

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: prevent i1, i2, i3
on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:11:13 am

Hi Victor,
Is this posted in the right forum? You are talking about AE correct?
I haven't see that problem myself but then I went in and tweaked the prefs the first time 2018 booted.
It could be in the general tab - the dynamic link item or it could be in the autosave tab: the oitem that tells ae to save a copy every time you hit render (in case it crashes while the render is going on).

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:56:40 am

Hello Steve,
thanks for replying. I am talking about Cinema 4d indeed, so I think it is the right forum.

I meant the render queue in Cinema. It adds a different names sometimes avoiding rewriting.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 22, 2018 at 4:02:46 pm

the interface that loads when creating a render queue warns that 'files will be overwritten if they already exist' so as long as the Output File slot has the path/name you want to overwrite it should work as you want - just make sure it's correct as it does add letters/numbers behind the name to keep files separate by default (I assume they want it to not overwrite unless you intentionally cause it to)

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Mar 23, 2018 at 12:50:04 am

Thanks Brian,

well this is the thing. I put the files with the same name and they are supposed to overwrite. I checked everything, all good, then go home. In the morning when I come back Cinema had added i1 , i2 and so on. Extremely annoyinng.

Is there any preferences to remove this behaviour?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 23, 2018 at 1:04:34 am

I have never used it to intentionally overwrite files... I can't find a preference to override, the help says
"Output Path

Here you can define a save path different from the save path defined in the selected job scene. If you do not select a different save path the path defined in the scene will be used. The Queue Manager will check if the exact save path and name are used by other jobs and will modify the name automatically (to prevent one job from overwriting another).
"

and yet still the warning about files being overwritten....
I would try removing the Output Path from the original scene files or the Render Queue completely and use only one source to specify where the files go. Do a couple short tests to see what queue manager is doing by default as the help description is a bit ambiguous here.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:20:33 am

Thanks Brian,

will give it a go. Perhaps it is what you said about the output path. Indeed I have the same output path in the project and later in the Renderqueue. The reason is that sometimes I use the Picture viewer if I have one project only and the Render Queue if there are many. It iwll be a pain removing the output path from the project, everytime I require to use the Render Queue just to avoid this problem.

This just came to my mind, but it is possible to have several projects to be rendered in the Picture viewer?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Mar 26, 2018 at 8:14:09 pm

Are you adding the the que from the same project with different cameras?

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:25:54 am

Thanks Justin, I do indeed always have backup cameras in the scenes. Do you think the i1, and so on could be added because that?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Mar 27, 2018 at 1:55:11 pm

Typically when I add shots to the render queue I save each as its own file and then queue. When I add the the queue using separate cameras in the same object, that is when I get the i1, i2, i3

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:43:31 am

oh wow , that maybe is then.

Many thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]