MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Arms and Legs Going Through Puppet

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Arms and Legs Going Through Puppet
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:35:28 pm

I've made a set of puppets and have been working to get some nice dangly limbs. I think I've got some nice ones from a spline and circle in a sweep.

My question is, as you can see from my file, the limbs go through the puppet instead of bouncing off of it. I'm sure I'm probably just missing some small setting somewhere. Also, I would like to add 2 materials to the arms. talf the striped material and half the material used for the face. I can't seem to figure out anything other than covering the entire arm in one material.

12270_dude1.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Arms and Legs Going Through Puppet
on Mar 20, 2018 at 8:49:16 pm

Spline dynamics is part of the hair system so you need to add a Hair Collider tag to the body of your character.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Mar 20, 2018 at 9:31:45 pm

Hey, thanks! worked perfectly! Any idea how I can put the two different materials on the arms? I am trying to add skin to the bottom half and the shirt material to the top half

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 20, 2018 at 10:38:55 pm

Normally you could use a polygon selection to distribute textures like you did with the body, but making the sweep object editable only results in caps and gets rid of the underlying spline, thus losing the spline dynamics. The only solution I can think of would be to create your two-color texture in Photoshop and then load that image file into your material. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I am has a better idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]