MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to approach modelling this?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
How to approach modelling this?
on Mar 15, 2018 at 3:44:10 am
Last Edited By Jasford Muldoon on Mar 15, 2018 at 3:45:47 am

hey there, I need to make a similar shaped rocket, to the onoe in this emblem, how could I approach this project? it is a very simplistic design as you can see

I need it so that I can make a 3d particle trail style animation, where it is flying through my scene towards the camera, dodging all the 3d tracked text in the shot, here is an example of my shot

any advice needed thanks dudes

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to approach modelling this?
on Mar 15, 2018 at 6:38:07 pm

there are many ways to do it but the easiest might be a Lathe - read up in the help but the basics are, create 1/2 the the outline (front or side view would be best) with a spline then put that spline in a Lathe object

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 15, 2018 at 9:11:41 pm

yo brian thanks man im gonna get on this now!

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 29, 2018 at 9:45:16 pm

Hmm so I got round to doiung this and I am sure I have done something wrong, but I am not sure what and when I put the spline into a lathe it does this

Before:

After:

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 29, 2018 at 10:21:28 pm

the Lathe object spins the spline around the Lathe's Y axis so you can't use that picture with the rocket tilted like that as it doesn't know you want to spin it around the center of the rocket. If you are going to trace the image, tilt the background image so that it's pointing straight up (looks like -45°-ish would do it)

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 29, 2018 at 10:54:24 pm

Excellent advice brian you solved that perfectly. Now I need to figure out why the model looks like this

not usre if its to do with how i drew the splines or something but its possible
Thanks
Jasford

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 29, 2018 at 11:38:00 pm

ignore the fins and add them as separate objects later. You don't even have to attach them to the rocket body just get them in place then drop them on ht erocket body which will make them a child of the rocket body. Then wherever the rocket goes the fins follow as if it was one object.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Mar 30, 2018 at 12:24:40 am

Ahh yes this is perfect, what io might do, because of the way the rocket is structured is make each section and make them all children of the rocket body, only to make it so it has the small gaps between each part like in the emblem, hopefully this can be done with the lathe
thanks Brian
jasford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]