MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to add an image/video to a polygon?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angel Alcantara
How to add an image/video to a polygon?
on Mar 14, 2018 at 8:45:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I've been searching the internet on how to add an image or a video to a selected polygon from an editable object.

The object I'm using is a Sphere. I gave it 50 segments, made it Editable and I dropped a .PNG into the Materials panel. I selected a single polygon from the sphere and dropped the material onto it. However, the image is not projecting properly onto the polygon.

The polygon is a square (it has four sides), and the image I'm using is 1080x1080.

I pretty much want to create a grid of multiple images from various projects I've worked on.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm using an iMac OSX El Capitan, Late 2014 with Cinema 4D Studio R17.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How to add an image/video to a polygon?
on Mar 15, 2018 at 1:46:40 am

It sounds like you just need to scale the projection. A quick way to get it close is to use the Fit to Region tag.

With the texture tag selected go to Tags > Fit to Region. When you select it the cursor will change to a plus symbol (+). Click and drag over the polygon on your sphere and release.

The projection will be resized to fit the rectangle you dragged out. You can then use Texture mode to make fine adjustments to position and scale using the move and scale tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]