MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Object wont floating up while the water increasing up?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Agusriady Saputra
Object wont floating up while the water increasing up?
on Mar 10, 2018 at 4:08:48 pm
Last Edited By Agusriady Saputra on Mar 10, 2018 at 4:18:26 pm

Hai all,
Im trying to make a scene where the water keeps increasing up fill the scene in the mean while there a couple of boxes falling from top and floating on the increasing up water fill. I created the water simulation on realflow, then when i add object, it fell down and not floating up along with the water

Heres the projection

Thank you so much for everyone here who know to slove this problem

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Object wont floating up while the water increasing up?
on Mar 11, 2018 at 5:45:07 pm

I only use RealFlow (the plug-in) occasionally, but this is definitely a useful idea so I have been experimenting more with it. Unfortunately I can't find any way to float an object with RealFlow | Cinema 4D. There is no reference to doing so in the manual, and I can't find any tutorials on the web demonstrating it. The collider tag seems to only allow objects to deflect the flow and not float with it. Maybe the next version (2.5) will have the necessary changes.

If you are using RealFlow 10 (standalone) there are references to Floating Objects in the online manual, and I did see at least one tutorial on the web. Perhaps Next Limit keeps that as one reason to upgrade.

Good luck in your search. Maybe someone else with more experience with the plugin has come up with a method.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Object wont floating up while the water increasing up?
on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:24:09 am

I haven't tried this on a mulit mesh obj set of files you get from RF, but you can find the height of a mesh at a specific x,y ground plane coordinate with expresso - we use this to drive cars over variable terrain etc. You can also have a spline follow a terrain contour. So you could have expresso find that y coord point on the mesh for each of the "frames" of the RF mesh sequence and then position your object there.
What I dont' know is if expresso will freak when it sees an entirely new mesh on each frame.
I'm also wondering if you coudln't do it with a shader effector and you project a texture mapped dot on the mesh.
In RF you can have a dummy object (think: boat) adhere to the surface of the undulating mesh and then bring that positional data in to C4d for that object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]