MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animation - dissecting a car part - what's the easiest way

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellis Berman
Animation - dissecting a car part - what's the easiest way
on Mar 7, 2018 at 2:21:56 pm

Super new - sorry if my terminology is off.

I'm trying to make an animation that is similar to this:

Just wondering if Cinema 4D has an easy way of doing it or if doing it manually is the only way. I'm better with After Effects - would it be easier to just bring my object into there?

Any advice or links to tutorials would be awesome.

Let me know if I'm not being clear enough.

🐮

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Animation - dissecting a car part - what's the easiest way
on Mar 7, 2018 at 6:24:29 pm

If you are just referring to the initial disassembly animation, and assuming that you already have a model that is in separate pieces, moving them apart in C4D would be very easy. After Effects, with Element 3D, would work too, so I guess it's up to personal preference.

If you are also interested in the car animations along the road, I personally would much rather do something like that in C4D, rather than After Effects, because it is a true 3D system with much greater control.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 17, 2018 at 11:29:20 am

I've been itching to try the new pushapart effector in C4d for this kind of application. It should be fairly straightfoward and you can wipe the effect on from one end to the other (planar) or from the outside in (inverse spherical). This would eliminate keyframing each part.
But it might depend on your object stack and the shape of the model in question.

Return to posts index

Ellis Berman
on Mar 28, 2018 at 1:34:31 pm

Hey there,
I tried the pushapart, but the parts didn't move at all.

Here's what my set-up looks like:

I looked at a few tutorials. It looks like pushapart only works for items created with the cloner? Is this true? Again, super new, so sorry if I'm way off.

Is there something I can do with my current set-up to make pushapart work?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:05:49 pm

You have to put all your objects inside a fracture object (from the Mograph menu) and then apply the effector (random, pushapart whatever) to the effector list in the fracture object.
Make sure the fracture objects is set to "straight" the default.

This is always the method to use any effector with a bunch of objects without cloning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]