MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Beginner C4D user, need support with adding Spec, Diplay, Gloss, LM to textures

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Young
Beginner C4D user, need support with adding Spec, Diplay, Gloss, LM to textures
on Feb 25, 2018 at 8:50:33 pm

Hello,

Please can someone help me understand what the spec, display, gloss and LM images do and how to add them to a material in Cinema 4D. I’ve already added the texture and the normal, I have the above mentioned images as well and they all go along with a free 3D model I’ve downloaded to play around with. I know some basics, how to add the texture and normal images as mentioned but I have no idea what the others do and how to add them. I’m using the free demo version of Cinema 4D.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Beginner C4D user, need support with adding Spec, Diplay, Gloss, LM to textures
on Feb 25, 2018 at 9:55:30 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Feb 25, 2018 at 9:57:04 pm

it sounds like the model comes from a program that uses different words for the same functions. Spec has to be Specular which is inside the Reflectance channel in the recent versions of C4D, Gloss is probably Reflection (again inside the Relflectance channel now). Display might be Color channel (maybe Diffuse we'd have to see it to tell). And as for LM, no idea unless I saw it (maybe), perhaps someone out there recognizes the naming convention and knows what program it comes from...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]