MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Change speed of offset animation along specific sections of spline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kory Fenton
Change speed of offset animation along specific sections of spline
on Feb 25, 2018 at 12:01:19 am
Last Edited By Kory Fenton on Feb 25, 2018 at 12:07:05 am

I have an animation with objects that drop off of a conveyor belt onto a slide and then lands on another section of conveyor belt. I'm using a cloner with multiple objects that follow along a spline and it's being driven using the offset slider. I'm trying to see if there is a way to keep the speed consistent when they are on the conveyor belts, but change the speed with an effector (or something else) once it hits the slide so it goes faster when it drops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I tried uploading my file but seems to be making a separate post? I'm very new to Creative Cow :) So here is dropbox link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/30h2qlzpg1qvwe0/SplineAnimation.zip?dl=0

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Change speed of offset animation along specific sections of spline
on Mar 22, 2018 at 8:13:16 am

Hey Kory, Not sure if you solved this - I just saw it.
You can make some expresso nodes so that at as certain keyframe or object position the position commands switch from one procedure to another.
You could also approach it from a character animation point of view - when a character passes an object from one hand (where that object has been following that hand for while) to the other hand where it continues to follow the new hand. Or where they set an object they have been carrying down and leave it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]