MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hide Object in Render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Retzel
Hide Object in Render
on Feb 11, 2018 at 8:53:58 am

Hey guys, I'm sorry to have to ask this but I'm still new to Cinema 4D. I felt I would ask this question because everytime I Google it I usually get results for people having the opposite problem.

What I'm trying to do is, say I have a box or a lightsource. I want them to still interact with the scene but not be visible in the final render. Like I have a shadowbox lighting a logo for example but when I zoom out, you can see the light and textures on the shadowbox.

For Example:

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Hide Object in Render
on Feb 11, 2018 at 3:38:53 pm

the Compositing tag is what you are looking for. In the example you would attach one to the lightbox and uncheck 'Seen By Camera' - if you don't want the reflection of the light/shadow box on the floor but still want the light on the floor around the red objects you would need to add the floor/plane/whatever you are using to the Exclusion tab of the Compositing tag and make sure the reflection icon is dark (the icons are - Transparency, Refraction, Reflection, Hierarchy) when the icon is dark it's enabled so reflections fron the shadowbox off the floor would be ignored

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Hide Object in Render
on Feb 11, 2018 at 4:44:06 pm

In addition to what Brian said ... if your light setup is an area light rig (maybe from GSG?), you can disable "show in render" in the area light's Details tab.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]