MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bake Voronoi Fracture - for render on RebusFarm

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Brady
Bake Voronoi Fracture - for render on RebusFarm
on Feb 10, 2018 at 11:10:05 am

Hi all,

So I have a Cube Object that disintegrates as a Plain Effector passes over it.

The Object is a child of Voronoi Fracture.

This all works fine as a setup. However RebusFarm does not like Voronoi Fracture - giving me the error "PluginTag "Displacement" (431000045) is not supported"

As soon as I delete Voronoi Fracture, the error message goes away, unfortunately - so does my animation.

So I wondered if there is a way to bake the disintegration animation, delete the Voronoi Fracture and then send to RebusFarm?

Have tried a couple of Xpresso tutorials, however these all work with baking in the Cloner Mograph but not the Voronoi Fracture Mograph.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Bake Voronoi Fracture - for render on RebusFarm
on Feb 10, 2018 at 5:39:47 pm
Last Edited By Adam Trachtenberg on Feb 10, 2018 at 6:57:23 pm

Posted originally that you'd have to make the Voronoi editable, but that doesn't help because you lose the mograph animation.

What you could do is export the scene in Alembic format. If you have a problem importing that into your other application you can actually open the Alembic file in C4D and then use that to bake the individual pieces.

Works like this:

* Open the Alembic file;
* Unfold the null containing the pieces, selected all the pieces, and drag them into the Timeline;
* Run the Timeline>Functions>Bake command with (at minimum) expressions, position, and rotations checked;
* Select all the pieces in the Object Manager and make them editable;
* Delete all the Alembic morph tags.

Return to posts index

Dave Larson
on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:40:54 pm

Thanks for the hot tip on this, I have one problem though, C4D R18 will not allow me to delete the Alembic tags.

-Dave Larson
3D and 2D Motion Graphics Design & Visual Effects

Return to posts index

Jonathan Howells
on Oct 8, 2018 at 12:48:57 pm

HI there,

I'm sure you solved this long ago, but just to add to this conversation, for anyone else who has the same problem.

In terms of baking complex animations in c4d, I highly recommend the plug-in NitroBake.
You can find it here, and it's WELL worth the nominal cost.

https://nitro4d.com/product/nitrobake2/

It's saved me lots of time in the past, and in terms of rending to Rebus Farm, it's allowed me to send things there too that are otherwise unsupported.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]