MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to turn this into a single layer logo?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
How to turn this into a single layer logo?
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:43:40 am

OK so i am trying to start my logo animation in c4d, however the logo i want to use is a file I have created in c4d and in the tutorial its a single layer 3d model, how can i turn mine into this and where on earth is the 'extrude nerbs' thing he is talking about I cant find it
Thanks guys!

here is the tut i am following, the first thing he does is get the logo and it will be one layer file thats what i want to turn mine into so i can follow the resty of the tut:

heres a pic of how my logo looks, as you can see there are many layers and attributes to it

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How to turn this into a single layer logo?
on Feb 6, 2018 at 4:23:43 pm

The tutorial is done with an older version of C4D. "Extrude NURBS" is now just called "Extrude," and is found in the same menu (Generators) as he demonstrates in the tutorial.

In the tutorial he is creating his logo out of extruded splines, but you already have your completed logo so you are past that point. So that you would still be able to make modifications to the pieces of your logo later, just put all your pieces in a null (make them children of a null) and animate that.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Feb 6, 2018 at 5:00:20 pm

thanksJim! Great info man you're the best!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Feb 6, 2018 at 6:08:11 pm

You're welcome. Have fun.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]