MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

The best way to approach animating this logo?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
The best way to approach animating this logo?
on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:22:28 pm
Last Edited By Jasford Muldoon on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:28:11 pm

Ok so I have created a logo in cinema4d for my friend and I want to know, how can I animate it and make a cool intro for his youtube videos with it.

Here is my c4d project and I also have After effects if that will be useful/ needed to do this

The sort of thing I have inn mind is some kind of shot of the logo forming together from particles, to then have some cinematic zoomed in shots of some points of interest on the logo and to then zoom out and show the logo in full, or something to this effect

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: The best way to approach animating this logo?
on Feb 3, 2018 at 8:23:28 pm

Ah, the million-dollar question - how to make it look "cool."

Based on your previous questions it is my impression that you are a fairly new C4D user. Nothing wrong with that. It's where we all started. I'm just a hobbyist myself, so I tend to look for tutorials that teach an interesting technique and then try to modify and expand on it to create something original. I would suggest the same for you.

The camera animations you mentioned ("cinematic zoomed in shots," etc.) are easy enough to do once you know the basics of C4D. Also, look into using a Stage object to animate between multiple cameras. For the particle effects, in C4D look into using PolyFX, or Greyscalegorilla's Tranform plugin. In After Effects, you could export an obj file from C4D and use it in Trapcode Form.

In short, learn as much as you can about the apps you are using. The more you know, the more you can do. When you have a specific question that's the time to use a forum like this, but your question is just too general and subjective to be able to provide a specific answer to.

Have fun.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:37:16 pm

Thank yo for your comprehensive reply, some great pointers in there and I will get to work on this project asap! And yes I am fairly new to the world of editing and designing but its becoming a great passion of mine but I'm learning after effects, Photoshop and c4d at the same time and constantly trying to enhance my knowledge but its a slow process

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:13:50 pm

Not really something some one can answer, look at some examples on line and mimic them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]