MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Applying deformer

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Michael
Applying deformer
on Feb 3, 2018 at 2:08:48 am

I have 7x3x1 grid of clones. I want to deform each clone with cell noise, but I don't want them all to look identical to one another. Basically I want to give each clone a different seed. What's the best way to achieve that? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Applying deformer
on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:40:44 am

set Cell Noise/Space to World

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
quick question for Brian
on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:41:27 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Feb 3, 2018 at 6:43:38 pm

Brian,

I noticed that I can get the same result (randomized displacement) if I place the texture with displacement (with noise space set to Texture or World) on the Cloner as I get when placing the texture on the object being cloned and set the noise to "World." Is there is an advantage to either approach?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: quick question for Brian
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:02:37 pm

Not that I know of, Jim. I just thought it was the safest answer since Kevin didn't mention the method of deformation, since there are number of choices, but given that the title was Applying Deformer rather than effector or displacement (via texture) I went for the safe World choice assuming he was applying a Displacement Deformer on the original object so would get 21 copies of the displacement if he didn't go with world.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: quick question for Brian
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:33:50 pm

Excellent point. I guess I just assumed that he meant that he was using a texture with displacement and had just used "deformer" in general terms, which, as I read his question again, was probably a mistake on my part. You were smart to answer as you did. Thanks for the explanation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]